Across the Risen Sea by Bren Macdibble
Neoma and Jag live a gentle life surrounded by the risen sea; but then strangers from the Valley of the Sun bring lies and danger. Diving into a mission encountering crocodiles, sharks and sinkholes, is Neoma daring enough to save her friend and her community?
Set in a post climate change world, this is an adventure that poses questions about a future that could be real. Will kindness ever win over greed?
Sign up in the next
for august's book
Become a busy bee
for 9 - 12 year olds
For readers aged around 9 – 12 years who are enjoying chapter books and are ready for more challenging stories.
Each month receive a bold and exciting book from a lesser known writer. We search out hidden gems from smaller publishers, so you’re unlikely to already have the book on your shelves.
You’ll also receive a card of creative prompts to inspire your own writing, drawing or making with ideas that spring from the book.
cancel any time
cancel any time
expires after 3 months
expires after 6 months
expires after 12 months
All subscriptions include a free notebook or sketchbook with your first month! You decide which you would prefer during checkout.
Each creative prompt card includes at least 4 ideas, for example:
- Creating a story or poem inspired by the themes, language or characters in the book, and some steps to get you started.
- Suggestions for creating art work based on ideas in the book– you might draw costumes for the characters, or create atmospheric paintings from details in the story.
- A recipe for a fantastic feast featured in the story, so you can enjoy your own edible treats alongside the characters
- Ideas to prompt your inner actor or playwright to imagine what happens next after you close the book
– the list is endless, it all depends on what creative connections the book itself sparks!
You don’t need any special art supplies or equipment to take part in the activities – just your amazing brain and regular things you’d find at home, such as pens, crayons, paper and glue.
Gift a busy bee subscription
Treat a special someone to a Busy Bee gift subscription. Pick either a 3 months, 6 months or 12 months gift card or e-gift card. Once they’ve signed up, the recipient will receive a book per month for the duration you choose, and you’ll pay the total amount at the start. No need to remember to cancel!